As we are early in the year, planning activities have not yet started. We expect to start season planning in March.
In the meantime, here's what you need to know.
New/interested student athletes and families
- We are expecting another year of growth. While registration isn't open yet (and won't until April) please use the "2022 Season Interest Form" to get your name on file. We'll use this list to communicate our initial pre-season events which start in April.
- If you have friends who are interested in joining, please also have them sign up as soon as possible
- Pre-season runs from April 1 through June 30. During this time we will hold a number of 1-2 hour Try It Rides as well as other promotional events.
- Official registration will open in April and run through May. Registration will be closed on or before the first week of June. Once registration opens, we ask you sign up ASAP, including the payment of PICL/NICA and SoMont team fees.
- Our official season runs from July through October (4 months). The core of our practice season is in July and August. New student athletes are required to attend practices these months.
- Event season starts in mid August until the end of October. Official events are generally every other weekend from late summer to fall. Practice will continue during this time.
- Practices are typically Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm to 8pm and Saturdays from 9am to 11am
- If you are interested in learning more about coaching, please contact so we can talk. We are always looking for new adults to help us with the team. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach roles vary -- Ride Support, Ride Leader and Instructor. There is no minimum commitment. All we ask is to make a comments to the head coach and do your best to stick with it. If once a week is all you can do, we can make that work.
- Some 2021 coach fees were reimbursed. We are hoping our 2022 budget allows for that again this year.
To learn more about what it means to be a mountain bike coach, visit this blog entry.
Hope to meet you all soon!