Do you have a son or daughter in grade 6 thru 12 who loves to ride their mountain bike? If so, the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Cycling League, part of NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association), is for you and your family!
Teams all across southeastern PA are currently recruiting riders for the summer/fall season. In some regions, new teams are forming and are looking for youth athletes, parents and volunteers to help them grow.
PICL and NICA are "development oriented" youth athletic leagues where mountain biking experience is not required to join a team. Coaches will teach youth athletes all the necessary skills to be come proficient mountain biking athletes. In addition to race events, PICL programming also includes camps and adventure-oriented events, as you will see in the videos below.
To learn more about the league as well as teams in the southeastern PA region, use the links below the videos. PICL will also be hosting regional "Dirt Tours" in areas where new teams are looking to start. A number of Dirt Tour stops will be at local Trek stores. The Trek Store in Warminster will be hosting a Dirt Tour on Wednesday Feb 27 at 6pm.
2018 PICL Summer GRiT Camp (Girls Riding Together)
2018 Short Video - Gettysburg
PICL - Pennsylvania Interscholastic Cycling League
NICA - National Interscholastic Cycling League
- SoMont Cycling Youth MTB Team -- hey, that's us!
- Northeast Philly/Lower Bucks County - Facebook
- Bucks County Composite - Website
- AIM Academy - website
- Tredyffrin-Easttown area mountain bike team TEMTB.org
- Great Valley mountain bike team - GVMTB.org
- Lehigh Valley Area teams - LVICMTB.org
- Stroudsburg/Pocono Are Composite Team -
- Owen J Roberts School District team - ojrmtb.com
- Downingtown Area team - http://downingtownmtb.org/
- Twin Valley Mountain Biking Team - tvmtb.com
Don't see a team near you or want to start a team? Check out this map or email PICL to get started at email@example.com