A small bridge (called the Double Arches bridge) running over Paul's Run creek, a tributary to the Pennypack Creek, was recently closed due to structural problems. The Pennypack Park Trail Advocates team worked with the city to plan out a work-around trail, and we all collectively did the work to create the trail.
We had a great day getting our hands dirty. Some of work we did was:
- put up detour and other signs
- clean up the trail, roughly 3/4 mile
- move fallen trees
- create a small hill cut in at the trail entrance
- create a flat-rock water crossing
- create some trail features from a large rock