The evening before - Eat a meal high in carbohydrates and creatine such as fruits, oatmeal, cereal, breads, pasta, potatoes, energy bars, gatorade style drinks.
Just prior to the activity/race, consider the following
- 3-5 hours prior: 50 to 100 grams of carbs – carbo-loading. Drink one water bottle of plain water or gatorade style drink
- 30 minutes to 1 hour before – no more than 50 grams of carbs
- activity of 60 minutes or less - water or gatorade style drink
- activity of 90 minutes or more – 30-60 grams of carbs per hour
- 8-12 cups of liquid a day
- About 3 bike water bottles